Students who apply for full time admission to Nipissing University directly from high school are eligible for the following scholarships, bursaries and awards. You are also encouraged to check out the information on our Work Study program, OSAP and External Funding to fully explore all of your funding options.
Students are GUARANTEED AN ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIP if they achieve a minimum 80% on their best six final 4U/4M marks completed as of June 30. Secondary school applicants from outside Ontario are also eligible for entrance scholarships; please contact the Liaison Office for information at email@example.com.
There is only one application that needs to be completed to be considered for all other awards available to students entering the first year of studies directly from high school.
DO NOT WAIT FOR AN OFFER OF ADMISSION TO APPLY - the deadline is May 1
Some of the awards for which you are considered through this application include:
Chancellor's Award - $10,000 in first year, renewed at $3,000/year for 3 more years
- entering full-time undergraduate studies from high school
- minimum average of 85%, show evidence of personal leadership activities and financial need
- renewable at $3,000 per year
Schulich Scholarship - $7,000
- entering first year of an undergraduate degree program at Nipissing University with a focus on education (Concurrent BEd or Bachelor of Physical Health and Education).
- Recipients must have a minimum 80% average and at least one of the following: demonstrated volunteer contributions to the community or financial need.
Donor-established Awards - $500 - $3,000
- various awards based on high school, extracurricular involvement, financial need, etc.