North Bay Residence Housing Rates
|Chancellors/Founders/Governors House (Suite Style)||$6,525.00|
|Grey Townhouse Residence Complex||$5,817.00|
Fee Due Dates:
September 6, 2019 - First installment of residence fees are due. The amount of the first installment is $3,200.00.
January 10, 2020 - Second installment of residence fees are due.
For payment info please see the Nipissing University Finance Office Web site here
Residence fees include:
- $100 Damage Deposit. The deposit is a damage/cleaning deposit that is held on account throughout a student’s term in residence. Upon final checkout, an assessment is done of the student’s accommodation and any damages/cleaning charges will be assessed against this deposit.
- Basic cable service. There is a cable outlet in all common living rooms and bedrooms.
- Wireless and wired internet.
- Telephone. Unlimited local telephone service including voicemail. Long distance phone cards are available to purchase at each complex front desk.
Residence Application Deposit
The $400.00 residence deposit includes a $25.00 non-refundable application fee. Payments can be made in person to the Finance Office, by mail, or online through students’ personal banking. If paying by cheque or money order, please print your full name and student number on the cheque or money order. If paying online, please log onto your banking website, click on Bill Payment, set Nipissing up as a payee and when it asks you for your account number enter your Nipissing student number (minus the letter).
Please Note: Once a student has received notice of a placement, should they choose to cancel their application they will only be eligible to receive the $100 damage deposit as refund.
RETURNING STUDENTS ONLY: To be assigned a room, a minimum of $125 must be paid by the March 23, 2020 deadline. The remaining $275 must be paid by June 1, 2020 to hold the room. If the full $400 is not paid by June 1, 2020, the room placement will be cancelled. Returning students who complete their application and $400 deposit AFTER June 1, 2020, will be assigned an available room on a first come first served basis.
Please Note: The Nipissing University Finance department Policy states that, "Payments from students with outstanding balances from current or previous terms that may be intended as future residence or tuition deposits will first be applied against the existing outstanding balance, and not treated as a deposit payment."
** When students are assigned a room placement in residence, they are responsible for the FULL PAYMENT of their residence fees for the academic year. The installment payment plan, which consists of two payments in addition to the deposit fee, is an option for students, instead of paying their full fees upfront.
- Meal Plans: All of our residences are equipped with refrigerators and stoves allowing students to provide for their own meals. Meal plans at Nipissing University are optional. They can be purchased directly from Chartwells. For additional information on the meal plans available, please go to Chartwells Web site here.
- Parking: Must be arranged separately upon arrival with Security Services. Rates vary depending on parking lot assignment within the University. For more information on parking please contact Security Services at (705) 474-3450 extension 5555.
- Ethernet Cords/Cable Cords: It is recommended that you provide your own Ethernet and Television cable cords when arriving at residence. A limited supply may be available upon move-in for direct purchase from the University Campus Shop.
Reserved Residence Plug-In Parking Space: $80.00 (for the purpose of block heaters, not available for purchase until end of October)
Reserved Residence Plug-In Parking Space for the purpose of electric vehicles, please contact us directly at email@example.com for permission and rates.