**Application available here (under Other Forms)**
** PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE COVID-19 SITUATION, NIPISSING UNIVERSITY STAFF WILL BE WORKING REMOTELY. DURING THIS TIME, THE RECOMMENDED METHOD TO SUBMIT YOUR RESIDENCE APPLICATION BY E-MAIL TO iep@nipissingu ca. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE. **
General Information on Chancellors House Residence
- Apartment style suites; each unit consist of four single bedrooms, two bathrooms, kitchen and common room
- Each bedroom is furnished with a single bed, linens (one set of sheets will be provided at the start of your stay), desk, desk chair, closet and chest of drawers
- Each bedroom has a telephone for room-to-room calling, free local calls, voice mail and in-room cable
- Each unit shares a full size kitchen with gas stove and full-size fridge. (Sorry, we don’t supply utensils, dishes or cooking equipment)
- Each unit has two full bathrooms (one with shower and one with tub/shower), a common room, furnished with a love seat, coffee table and two lounge chairs
- Wireless internet in all suites and common areas
- Common television lounges on most floors
- Each unit is air-conditioned with individual climate controls
- The residence building is a smoke-free and pet-free environment
- Coin operated on-site laundry available
- Bus stop just a short walk from the residence building
- Chancellors House is located at the bottom of the escarpment, just a short bus ride up the hill or 15 minute walk to campus facilities, and just minutes away from local grocery stores, and other shopping outlets
- Garbage bags are included however face soap, laundry soap, dishes, pots, pans, cutlery, and toilet paper are not supplied
Meal Plans are Optional
At Nipissing it is your choice whether you buy a meal plan or not. You can get a declining balance card from the campus caterer in a variety of denominations, or you can choose to cook your meals in the kitchen of your suite at residence. For more information contact Food Services visit their website at http://dineoncampus.ca/nipissingcanadore.
Our 295-hectare natural setting on the crest of an escarpment creates a calm retreat-like setting. Within 10km of the campus you will find an incredible range of outdoor and urban activities including biking, jogging, walking and in-line skating on North Bay’s vast network of paved and natural trails. There are museums, theatres, and restaurants to suit all tastes, shopping and beaches. North Bay has something for everyone.
Damage Deposit Refunds
All residents are expected to leave their bedroom and common areas clean and damage free. All garbage, food and personal belongings must be removed. Once you have checked-out, staff will inspect and assess any cleaning or damage charges. The balance of your deposit will be returned to you after all assessments are complete. All students are responsible for the condition and cleanliness of their assigned suite and bedroom and are expected to respect all common spaces in the residence facility as well. Any damage or cleaning charges from common areas will also be assessed and split between the students occupying the suite in question.
Parking is located adjacent to the building. Vehicles must display a parking pass to be parked in this area. Parking passes can be purchased on campus in the Education Center Security Service in room B203. Vehicles that do not display a parking pass are subject to tickets.