The following funding is available to assist international students studying at Nipissing University:
Entrance Scholarships (2022 or later)
International students entering the first year of a degree program at Nipissing University as full-time students in the fall term (September) will be considered automatically for the following entrance scholarships based on their best grades used for admission as long as an application for admission is received by April 1. Conditional offers of scholarships will go out with offers of admission. Scholarship eligibility will be reviewed once final grades are available.
|Year 1||Year 2*||Year 3*||Year 4*||Total
(39+ for IB)
(36-38 for IB)
(33-35 for IB)
(30-32 for IB)
• Free tuition is based on domestic tuition rate: $5,780 – $7,275.
• Students are only eligible for the first four years of undergraduate study.
• Students in their professional years of study are not eligible for the renewal of these scholarships.
t Average based on the best six final 4U/4M courses (provincial or international equivalent) or final IB score (including bonus points).
* Based on cumulative GPA (CGPA) as recorded on April 30th. Students must enroll in no less than 24 credits annually to retain scholarship eligibility.
$7,000 Schulich Scholarships
• Awarded to selected full-time students entering the first year of an undergraduate degree program with a focus on education
• Concurrent Education, Bachelor of Physical and Health Education, or the Consecutive Bachelor of Education*
• Must have a minimum 80% average and at least one of the following: volunteer work; community involvement; or financial need.
*Please note: Students applying to the 2 year Consecutive Bachelor of Education program should apply for Schulich Scholarships by Jan 15
Other Bursaries and Awards
There are a number of other donor-established bursaries & awards for which upper year international students may qualify; to be considered, please complete the Web Bursary application that is posted on WebAdvisor the month of October.
International Work Study Program
The International Work-Study program provides part-time, on-campus employment to upper year international students who can prove financial need.
International Work-Study is not intended to provide emergency funding; rather, it is to act as a supplement to a student’s finances and to provide valuable on-campus employment which is allowed via Citizenship & Immigration Canada (CIC).
Contact the International Studies Office (email@example.com) for more information.