FASS offers quick and convenient Multiple Choice Scanning Services. Multiple choice answer sheets (bubble sheets) are available from FASS and Print Plus and are billed to the receiving department.
Tests must be designed with a maximum of 180 questions. Answers can be either ‘true’ or ‘false’ (a or b) or ‘multiple choice’ up to five answer selections (a, b, c, d or e). The scanning program is not able to deduct marks for wrong answers, however the value of individual questions can be changed upon request. We are also able accommodate multiple correct answers for a question.
What Students Should Know When Writing the Test
- Students must use a pencil, black or blue ink.
- Students must fill in their Student ID Number in the bubble section and write their full name in the information box. The Student ID Number is generally a 7-digit number. Start in the left column when filling in the ID, including the ‘0’ if there is one, with each subsequent digit following in the next column.
- Circles should be filled completely and neatly. Any corrections should be crossed out.
In order to expedite your Multiple Choice scanning requests, FASS would like to recommend that you submit your scanning sheets in the following manner:
- Ensure that all student forms are submitted in the same direction (i.e. Student ID Number in the top left).
- Submit your answer key when you submit the student answer sheets. For your convenience, you can use our yellow instructor answer sheets. There is a place for your name, special instructions, which reports you want, and whether you want them electronically or printed. Alternately, you can also submit your answer key electronically at https://faculty.nipissingu.ca/sckeys, however please inform FASS via email that you plan to do so.
- If you have determined that a question is invalid, please leave the response blank on your answer key and indicate which question(s) has been left blank in the Special Instructions section.
- Emails will be sent to your Nipissing University email account unless an alternate email address is provided.
- Scanning will be completed on a first come, first served basis, however due dates indicated will be taken into consideration.