This year's North Bay Conference addressed ways to incorporate novels into programs for contemporary classrooms as whole class thematic inquiries, as resources for guided reading, in literature circles and book clubs, and was geared to teachers in Junior/Intermediate/and Secondary levels.
Friday, May 13th
- Registration: 6:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Opening Remarks/Introduction of Keynote Speaker: 7:00 - 7:10 p.m.
- Keynote Speaker (Bob Barton): 7:10 - 8:10 p.m.
- Wine & Cheese Reception: 8:15 - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday May 14th
- Registration: 8:00 am - 8:45 a.m.
- Opening Remarks/Introductions: 8:45 - 9:00 a.m.
- Keynote Speaker (Susan Elliott-Johns): 9:00 -10 a.m.
- Coffee Break (& Exhibitors): 10:00 a.m.-10:30 a.m.
- Workshop Panel Sessions, #1: 10:30 a.m. -12 noon
- BOX LUNCH (Networking & Exhibitors): 12 noon -12:45 p.m.
- Keynote Speaker (Shelley Stagg Peterson): 12:45-1:15 p.m.
- Door Prizes & Awards: 1:15 - 1:25 p.m.
- Workshop Panel Sessions, #2: 1:30-3 p.m.
- Bob Barton (Storyteller and Author)
- Susan Elliott-Johns (Schulich School of Education, Nipissing University)
- Shelley Stagg Peterson (Department of Curriculum, Teaching & Learning, OISE/UT)