The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation is an independent and non-partisan charity established in 2001 as a living memorial to the former prime minister by his family, friends, and colleagues.
Each year, the Trudeau Foundation names up to fifteen Trudeau scholars who are pursuing pressing social and public policy issues in the humanities and social sciences that affect the future of Canadian society.
Value: Up to $40,000 per year for a maximum of three years and up to $20,000 per year for a maximum of three years as a research and travel allowance
Applications Open: Friday, November 15, 2019
Nipissing University Internal Deadline: Wednesday, December 18, 2019
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of a PhD program at a Canada university
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Foreign university
- Be a foreign national (with a preference for candidate from the developing world) applying to a doctoral program in the social sciences and humanities or registered full-time in the first or second year of such a program at a Canada university
- Present a research project linked to one of the four themes of the foundation (Human rights and dignity, responsible citizenship, Canada's role in the world, and people and their natural environment)
- Be nominated by a university
How to apply:
Documents must be submitted to the School of Graduate Studies on paper or in digital format
- Completed print or digital application form
- Three letters of reference: 2 from academic references, principally concerning academic achievements AND one from a non-academic referee, concerning the non-academic aspects of the application. Letters of reference must be signed and clearly indicate the name and contact information of the referee. Referees may submit their letters directly to the School of Graduate Studies.
- Transcripts from all post-secondary studies, including CEGEP transcript for candidates who attended CEGEP in Quebec.
- For more information: http://www.trudeaufoundation.ca/en/programs/doctoral-scholarships
The funding selection committee will review all applications and submit 8 nominations to the Foundation.