Our Winter 2019 dates have concluded. Please check back in the Fall.
We offer free literacy programming on selected Saturdays in the Fall and Winter at the North Bay Public Library (10a.m.-12p.m.). During these sessions, children are partnered one-on-one or in small groups with a reading mentor (Nipissing University teacher candidates) to support their growing literacy skills through each activity. On February 1st, 2019 we held our first PD Day Event (9a.m.-3p.m.) at Nipissing University. It was a wonderful success and we will aim for further opportunities in the future. Please note that we are not able to hold sessions on all PD days or March Break due to our teacher candidates' practicum schedules.
At each of our sessions/events, children will:
- Participate in interactive group and one-on-one/small group activities
- Develop skills in a high-support learning environment
- Interact with encouraging adults, who model enthusiasm for reading and literacy
Registration for the Saturday Sessions/P.D Day Events is required prior to attending a session. The registration link will be sent by email. For notifications of registration dates, please email us at email@example.com to be placed on our listserv.
Each session offers mixed age programming and is available to anyone between the ages of 4-11 years.
- Sessions have concluded for Winter 2019.
If you have any questions about signing up your child(ren) for NU Reads, please do not hesitate to contact us!
- Call us at 705.474.3450, ext. 4077
- Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org