Frequently Asked Questions - Indigenous Education Programs

Q - What is the deadline to apply?

A - The application deadline for all Indigenous Summer Programs is June 1st. Applications received after this date will only be considered if there are spaces available. You are encouraged to apply early as space in some programs is limited. We reserve the right to cancel courses with insufficient enrolment after this date.

Q - What types of payments does Student Financial Services accept?

A - Student Financial Serv​ices will accept payments by cash, certified cheque, debit card, bank draft or money order payable to Nipissing University. Payments can also be made through online banking at any of the five main banks. Credit card payments are not accepted.  

Q - Will I receive an official transcript automatically after I complete my program?

A - No. Official transcripts must be ordered through the Office of the Registrar through the Transcript Request form.

Q - How is an (ITEP) student granted a Certificate of Qualification through the OCT?

A - The Indigenous Teacher Education Program meets the academic requirements of Nipissing University’s Teacher Education Program. When you have successfully completed the first session of classes, students will be eligible to apply for a Transitional Certificate through the Ontario College of Teachers.

After the successful completion of all components of ITEP, graduates are eligible for a “Certificate of Qualification” by the Ontario College of Teachers. Please visit their website at for further information.

Note: Only those students holding a "Certificate of Qualification" are eligible to take Additional Qualification courses.

Q - Where can I find out more about the summer residence accommodations offered at the North Bay campus?

A - Click here to be directed to the summer residence accommodations website for Nipissing University's North Bay campus.