The AskMe Team Volunteers promote and attend programs and events on campus and in our community to enhance the student experience at Nipissing University. AskMe Team volunteers are given opportunities for leadership development throughout the year, and play an integral role as student leaders during our New Student Orientation (NSO) in July.
AskMe Team Volunteers have the opportunity to engage with new Lakers, speak about their experiences at Nipissing University, and be a part of fantastic events like Homecoming, Long Night Against Procrastination, Varsity Athletic Games, Lakers Re-Orientation, Healthy Living Fairs and more!
AskMe team volunteers will be provided with integrated learning opportunities throughout the term of their volunteer contract.
AskMe team Volunteers will:
- Attend AskMe team volunteer training sessions
- Plan and implement student engagement activities
- Attend and support events with first year students
- Mentor through face-to-face experiences
- Assist with training and recruitment of Orientation Leaders
- Assist with planning and facilitating NSO sessions as assigned
- Assist with facilitating NSO programming