Frequently Asked Questions

Look through our most Frequently Asked Questions to see if they answer the questions you have. If the question you have can't be found here, please contact us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Where do I get a...

Student Card

Technology Services, A139

Your student card is your Nipissing photo ID. It’s used for academic purposes, student activities and services. It is also a library card and a bus pass. You are able to put cash on the card and use it at your convenience for photocopies, printing, and meal plans.


A locker can be rented from September to April. The cost of a locker tag is $25.

Parking Pass

Security and Parking Services, B203

Fill out a parking application form from Security Services.

The visitors lot (#4) is available to guests at a cost of $1.25 per hour which is payable at the parking machine in the lot entrance.


Technology, A139

You are able to rent an adapter at UTS by presenting your student card.

Campus Map

Campus Tours

Tours are available weekdays at 1:00pm

Guided tours are available at 1:00pm on Saturdays during March, May, October and November.

To register for a tour, please visit:

Where is the closest...

Prayer Space

  • Nipissing University - Multi Faith Space, H340
  • Greenwood Baptist Church - 235 Albert Ave.
  • Saint Peter the Apostle Roman Catholic Church - 299 Airport Rd.
  • Calvary Pentecostal Temple - 271 Ski Club Rd.
  • St.Brice’s Parish – 1225 Cassells St.
  • Trinity United Church - 111 McIntyre St. E


  • Shoppers Drug mart – 66 Josephine St.
  • Guardian - 1950 Algonquin Ave.
  • Algonquin Pharmasave - 1221 Algonquin Ave.
  • Harris Guardian Pharmacy - 111 Main St. W.


  • RBC Royal Bank - 925 Stockdale Rd.
  • CIBC Branch & ATM - 789 McKeown Ave.
  • TD Canada Trust - 240 Main St. E.
  • Scotiabank – 204 Main St. W.
  • BMO Bank of Montreal - 154 Main St. E.


  • Head to Toe Clinic - 1950 Algonquin Ave., #306
  • Ferris Medical Clinic - 1500 Fisher St., #202
  • Near North Medical Clinic - 66 Josephine St., #201
  • Student Health Centre, B205

Fitness Centres

  • Robert J. Surtees Student Athletics Centre
  • The Studio, 397 Wyld St
  • GoodLife Fitness, 477 Main St E
  • Peak Fitness & Indoor Cycling Studio, 1180 Cassells St
  • The Next Step Fitness Centre, 361 Main St E

Programs and Services

What is NUSU?

The Nipissing University Student Union is the union that represents Nipissing University students. NUSU deals with many aspects of student life including the academic governance of the university and various social events. NUSU also offers many services including photocopies, faxes, event ticket sales, health insurance information, and general information about the work of the Student Union.

How do I find out what's happening on campus and get involved?

There are many great ways to get involved on campus and one way is through the NUSU crew.

The NUSU Crew is a group of Nipissing students who are dedicated to informing the student body of pressing issues that directly affect students, and of events happening on campus.

The AskMe Team is another good source of information. Reach out to them on Twitter @NU_AskMe or check out the AskMe website at

What insurance plan does Nipissing University offer?

Exclusively through “We Speak Student”, NUSU is able to offer a flexible insurance plan to all students who pay the health plan ancillary fee. At the beginning of the school year you can choose one of our flex plans designed to better suit your needs or opt out of the plan entirely if you have coverage from somewhere else. To view complete benefit summary for each of the plans offered, visit or contact our VP External, at if you have any questions.

Where can I go if I am having problems and need to talk to someone?

Orientation and coming to university can be a huge transition and may be overwhelming for some students. If you are looking for someone to talk to, you can go here:

  • Student Development and Services - B210

How do I get a job on campus?

Nipissing University offers a Work Study program that enables students to work part-time on campus. The majority of work study positions begin in September, therefore, students are encouraged to apply early.

There are a variety of employment opportunities for students on campus through NU Work and other opportunities. A list of employment opportunities is available at: Additionally, you can find more information about student employment on our Human Resources Student Employment website.

Academics and Courses

Where can I find a quiet place to study?

  • Harris Learning Library (Silent Room - 3rd Floor)
  • Green Lounge (Second Floor near Academic Advising)

Where can I get a copy of my timetable?

Your timetable can be found on WebAdvisor.

Who can I talk to about academic concerns?

  • Faculty Support
  • Student Learning and Transitions support, Student Development and Services - B209 & B210
  • Accessibility Concerns/Learning Accommodations, Office of Student Development and Services - B210
  • Academic Advising - A207

How do I book an appointment for Academic Skills help?

By filling out the Book An Appointment Form.

Where is the registrars office?

The Registrar's Office is located at F209, just inside the main university foyer.

What is WebAdvisor?

WebAdvisor is used to register, drop courses and view marks. To access WebAdvisor, log into Click the WebAdvisor tab and on the resulting page, click Launch WebAdvisor. It will open a new window.

How do I login to Blackboard?

To access blackboard go to​. Click the Blackboard tab and on the resulting page, click Launch Blackboard. The Blackboard login page will appear in a new window. You will need to use your credentials again in order to log into Blackboard.

Travel and Transportation

Where can I find a bus schedule?

Public transportation runs to the Education Centre from 7:00am – 11:30pm Monday - Saturday and 9:30am – 5:30pm Sundays. Bus routes and schedules can be found on the City of North Bay Transit website and on our Campus Map under the Transportation section.

Where is the closest bus station?

  • Ontario Northland - 555 Oak St. E. (705-495-4200)
  • Ontario Northland - 100 Station Rd. (705-495-4200)

Where do I go if I lose my bus pass?

When a student card is lost, check the following locations in order to determine if your student card has been found:

  • Technology Services (A139) - 705-474-3450 ext. 4342
  • Campus Security (B203) - 705-474-3450, ext. 5555
  • City of North Bay Transit, Lost and Found - 705-474-0419
  • Finance Office (F216)

Money and Fees

Where do I pick up OSAP documents? Where do I process OSAP documents?

Student Financial Services is located in F216, and is open Monday to Thursday from 9:00am - 4:30pm and Friday from 9:00am - 3:30pm.

Students wishing to use OSAP funding to pay for tuition must submit their OSAP application and all the required supporting documentation to the Financial Aid Office by August 1 to ensure that funding processes in time for the start of classes. Please note that the final deadline to apply for OSAP for the fall/winter session is 60 days before the end of the study period (end of February).

Applications and further information can be found online at It is a great idea to check your OSAP website regularly for updates to your funding!

On the OSAP application, the assumption is that OSAP will be used to pay for your fees on your behalf, unless you choose to opt out of this option. If your OSAP is not sufficient to cover the instalment due at any given time, it is your responsibility to ensure the balance owing is paid by the deadline.

How can I pay my tuition?

  1. Online banking: set up Nipissing U as a “payee”
  2. Debit card
  3. Cash
  4. Cheque
  5. Aeroplan HigherEd points

Computers and Email

Where can I use a computer?

Public access computers are available in the Harris Learning Library and computer labs. Be sure to check out the schedule outside the door to the labs to find a time that works best for you!

What do I do if I am experiencing technical difficulties with my email?

Technology Services in A139 can help you with any login issues.

How do I set up my email?

Log into My Nipissing. The MyNipissing Home page will appear. This will give you easy access to WebAdvisor, Nipissing E-mail and Blackboard. Click the email tab to open the MyNipissing e-mail page.

What's my username?

Your WebAdvisor ID is eight characters long. The first character is always a letter, the other seven characters are digits.

Food and Meal Plans

What is there to eat on campus?

Nipissing’s Cafeteria offers numerous meals which will suit your preferences including: Subway, Tim Horton's, The Education Centre Cafeteria, The Nipissing Cafeteria and gd2go.

Where do I sign up for a meal plan?

Meal plans are not mandatory at Nipissing University; however, you may enjoy the convenience of having a meal plan on occasion. You are able to put as much money on your meal plan as you wish. Meal plans operate like a gift card and are accepted at all programs provided by Chartwells.

Chartwells: Meal Plans can be purchased on line through our Chartwells website, via the phone at 705-474-7600 x 5413, in our offices located off the seating area of the Education Center Main cafeteria, and finally on Move In weekend in September we have a booth at Lower Residence where we sell meal plans.

gd2go: You are able to purchase a gd2go meal plan by;

  • Visiting us in the Surtees Gym
  • Visiting us Downtown (375 Foran Street)
  • Emailing us at
  • Calling us (least-preferred option) at 249-358-1784
  • Finding us at an event (Residence Move-ins, frosh week, etc.)

What are the locations and hours for Chartwells and gd2go?

  • Main Cafeteria:
    • Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 6:30pm
    • Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
    • Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
    • Sunday: closed
    • Location: 1st Floor of the Education Centre
  • Nipissing Cafeteria:
    • Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
    • Friday: 8:00am - 3:00pm
    • Weekends: closed
    • Location: 2nd Floor of the A-Wing (A246)
  • Main Tim Horton’s:
    • Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 8:30pm
    • Friday: 7:30am - 4:00pm
    • Saturday 10:00am - 3:00pm
    • Sunday: closed
    • Locations: Nipissing Cafeteria and outside Main Cafeteria
  • Subway:
    • Monday - Thursday: 10:30am - 7:30pm
    • Friday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
    • Weekends: closed
    • Location: In the Main Cafeteria
  • Monday - Friday: 8am - 8pm
  • Saturday - Sunday: 10am - 4pm
  • gd2go is open during exams, reading weeks and varsity games in the Surtees Gym
  • Location: R.J. Surtees Student Athletics Centre

* Hours will change for long weekends, holidays and summer. Hours are posted on the website, and at each food service location.

Can I microwave my food?

Both the Nipissing/Canadore cafeteria and the Nipissing Small Cafeteria have microwaves.

Important Contacts

Academic Advising

Alumni Relations

Campus Health Centre

  • Phone: 705-474-7600 ext. 5261
  • Location: B205

Campus Store


Emergency Alert

  • In case of an emergency on campus, please call 911 and then contact Security Services at 705-474-7600 ext. 5555

Finance Office

Financial Aid Office

Harris Learning Library

International Student Support Services & Programs

Off-Campus Living

Office of Indigenous Initiatives

Office of Student Development and Services

Nipissing University Student Union

Print Plus

Registrar's Office


  • Phone: 705- 474-3450
  • Extensions:
    • Chancellors House: 4805
    • Founders House: 4890
    • Governors House: 4825
    • Townhouse Residence Complex: 4895
  • Email:

Schulich School of Education

Security and Parking Services

  • Phone: 705-474-7600 ext. 5555
  • After Hours Phone: 705-498-7244
  • Office: B203

Student Accessibility Services

Student Counselling Services

Student Learning & Transitions

Surtees Student Athletics Centre

  • Phone: 705-474-3461 ext. 4397

Technology Services (UTS)