- Receive, evaluate and maintain the confidentiality of any disability-related documentation provided by the student.
- Assess the need for academic accommodations of students with disabilities based on disability-related documentation provided.
- Develop Individualized Accommodation Plans that provide essential services, technology, and/or supports that ensure students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to be successful at university.
- Respect student confidentiality, rights and dignity.
- Plan, organize and implement disability awareness training.
- Ensure that the student’s disability-related needs are met as per Ontario Human Rights legislation.
- Advocate on behalf of students who are registered with Student Accessibility Services.
- Refer students to one of our Academic Skills Coordinators, Counsellors or Peer Tutors for academic or personal support.
Nipissing University is in Phase 1 of its Return to Campus Framework - Required Campus Access.