Resumes & Cover Letters are due by Friday August 3, 2018 at 4:00 pm*.
- students interested in helping others
- students with a interest in learning about new educational technology resources
- students wanting to make a difference and a contribution to the Schulich School of Education
- students who possess a strong sense of time management and organizational skills
- students interested in assisting with the workshops, presentations and events hosted by the Schulich School of Education
- students wanting to earn some $$$
If you feel that you fit the above characteristics, perhaps you may be interested in applying to become a Professional Learning Assistant (PLA).
PLAs are student employees of the Schulich School of Education specifically focused on assisting with workshops, presentations and events coordinated by the Professional Learning Coordinator. Individuals in these positions will offer educational technology integration supports, host presentations and workshops and communicate upcoming opportunities to other students in the Bachelor of Education program. Applicants with strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are ideal.
Benefits of becoming an PLA include:
- hourly wage of $14.00 (average of 3 to 5 hours per week)
- opportunity to learn new technologies (SMART Board, Promethean Activboard, Mimio Teach, iPads, etc.) Note: Students do not need to be technology wizards to apply. But rather, must possess an interest in exploring and learning integration ideas in the K-12 teaching and learning environments
- appreciation of fellow students
- appreciation of Schulich School of Education faculty and administration
- opportunity to host workshops and presentations
*For further information, or to apply for the PLA position, please contact the Professional Learning Coordinator, Amy Dickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until Friday August 3, 2018 by 4:00 pm. Skype and/or phone interviews will take place in August.